Friday, May 6, 2011

Congrats to the Graduate!

I was so flattered when my sister-in-law asked me to make the graduation announcements for our niece Tayleur.  She is an awesome kid (sorry...young adult), and I was so happy to do them for her.  I started designing with some basic elements that they gave me - they wanted a photo, pink and green were the colors, and the rest was pretty much up to me.  I have said this before, and I'll say it again - I absolutely love when my clients give me creative freedom to design.  I went nuts and gave them 4 options to choose from.  Once I started designing, I was on a roll and couldn't stop!  They quickly decided on a design (that was easy) and I got to work.  The only challenge I had was that the inside of the announcement was doubling as the invitation for both the graduation ceremony, as well as the graduation party.  Because it was a lot of information, it took me a few tries to get the layout right, but I think the final product is exactly what I was going for.

Here's a look at the front:



And here's what I came up with for the inside.  I blurred out all of the details just to keep their privacy.


My favorite part is packaging them all up.  I love seeing the big stack of stationery - it makes me realize how much work went into it, and I feel so proud to be done!!  At the end of every large order, as I am gluing the final piece, I let out a big WOO HOO!!!



Congratulations Tayleur - I am so excited for you!!!

Have a great weekend y'all!!  I have another little dittie for you tomorrow!  


Linking Up To Some of my Favorite Parties:


Weekend Bloggy Reading

Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment