Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday I'm In Love - Week 12 - Back to School!

We have had our ups and downs during this first week of Kindergarten.  Mom got happy, then sad, and then mad!  Hopefully next week will be better!  I want to keep the spirits up, and share some AMAZING Back to School projects that I found this week.  Practice the Power of Positive Thinking, right???

I absolutely LOVE this Back To School A+ TShirt by Desiree at The 36th Avenue.  I only took her 15 minutes to make, and she shared the full tutorial on her blog.  Isn't it so cute??


My next love affair has been with Rebecca's Back To School Reading Log.  I just love the bright colors.  What a great idea, and great way to get the kiddos reading!!  AND, she offers the free printable for you to make your very own! Head over to Simple as That to snatch it!!



Wouldn't you love to give your new teacher this Pencil Vase filled with Oreo Pops??  Maybe I need to make one of these for Addison's teacher (do you think that would be considered a bribe)?  Amanda from It's Always a Party at the Parkers!  not only shares how to make the adorable vase, but ALSO the lollipops and a free printable!   Love!!


Amy and Emily at Sisters of the Wild West shared this awesome Back to School Desk that they made.  From the chalk paint, to the painted top - it's just so adorable!  Hop over to their blog to see the amazing before and after transformation!



Can you guess what these chalkboards are made of?  CHOCOLATE!  Beth at Hungry Happenings is amazing.  I could not believe for a second that this was edible - until I read her Chocolate Chalkboard tutorial.   That is some serious talent and creativity!!


That's all for this week!  Such cute back to school projects - makes me realize what a slacker I have been lately!!  I need to get on it in the crafting department!!  If you were featured, feel free to grab a button from my sidebar!  

Come back tonight for the PARTY!!  It's week 12 of Saturday Social!!!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn,

    Thanks for posting a link to my Chocolate Chalkboard tutorial. You found some really fun back to school projects!

    Beth @ Hungry Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that is the exact same desk that is in the bonus room! It was my Dad's desk all thru highschool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for featuring my reading log Jen! :) Your blog is so fun, so glad I got the chance to stop by!! :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete