Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oh The Things You Forget - Day 2



I was ready for another baby.  For years after Addie was born, we kept hemming and hawing over when to have a second.  It never seemed to be the right time - is it ever?  Last year after visiting my sister with her new daughter, I came back from Jersey ready.  "Let's Do This" was what I said to hubby.  After 5 years, I was ready.  Ready to snuggle a newborn in my arms.  Ready to start all over again.

What I forgot about were the little things that come along with an infant...

1.  Where does all of this crap come from?

Swings, bouncy seats, tummy time mats, bottles, pumps, you name it - it's all over my house!  It really makes no sense to put it all away just to drag it back out after naptime.  So there it sits...on my floors, countertops - everywhere!  Those who know me, know that I am not the most organized person in the world.  In fact, some may say I'm a bit of a slob.  I make piles, shove papers everywhere, and forget about my closet (that's a whole other post).  So to have more crap strewn across the house, on top of the tornadic messes that Addison makes...well you can imagine what my house looks like on a daily basis.  Note to friends - if you come here, and the house is spotless, chances are I have spent the last 48 hours of my life scrubbing!

2.  Oh, nice...

I love it when I am walking out the door and look down to see a spit up starting at the shoulder of my shirt, down my chest, with it's final resting place down my thigh.  Nice.  I could go change my clothes.  Stop everything, put down the crying baby in the carseat, tell Addie to chill for a minute without making more messes.  Or, I can grab a wet paper towel, wipe down what I can and run out the door.  I choose B.  Great, now I have a sopping wet shoulder - oh well, it'll dry.

3.  For a little guy, you sure do poop alot...

Don't you love it when you discover that either the diaper has failed, or your little bundle of joy can seriously blow one out?  'Nuf said.

4.  I need a Calgon Moment...

Why won't you stop crying little guy??  You're fed, changed, dry, burped - yet you still won't STOP CRYING!!!  I'm gonna lose it.  After 2 hours of screaming, what more can you do but put the baby down, go outside, take a deep breath and SCREAM!  OK - back to tame the beast.  I would kill for a massage and half day at the spa (Mother's Day is coming...hint hint hubby)!

5.  Little Kisses

Morgan is only 7 weeks old, so I know that he doesn't know how to kiss yet.  There is something to be said though for when I kiss his chubby, soft, squishy cheeks, kiss his little rosebud mouth, and he turns and lays a sloppy, wet, open mouthed kiss on my chin.  I know he probably thinks my chin is lunch, but I can't help love those moments any less.

There are still times when I can't believe we have a baby in the house.  I went through nine months of pregnancy and almost two months of life - but the concept is still new to me.  I love all of it.  The messes, spit up - all of it.  He just smells so darn good!!


XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment