Thursday, July 7, 2011

Addison's Birthday Preparation

Addie's birthday is rapidly approaching, and after many themes tossed about, she finally decided on a Movie Party!!  This was music to my ears, because we just happen to have a movie theater in our neighborhood clubhouse.  Easy Peasy, and MUCH cheaper than having it at the roller skating rink.  Her invites need to get out this week, and I finished the mock up last night.  The details need to be tightened up, but this is the design we are going with!

I wanted the invite to resemble a movie ticket.  The color scheme was hard to decide on, but in the end I went with Hollywood Glamour - Silver, Gold and Black!




I don't know if it really picked up in these photos, but I wanted all of the gold letters to sparkle.  Since I am printing these all at home, and foiling is out of the question, I used a clear glittery gel pen to color over all of the gold letters.  This left it with a shimmer - and in person, it looks awesome!


 You can kind of see the sparkle more in this image below...


OK - invite design down, now I have to start printing and assembling.  Luckily the theater has limited seating, so I only have 16 invites to make.  I need to get these out!

UPDATE:  The printable files for these invitations are now available in my Etsy Shop.


Linking Up To:



 


2 comments:

  1. Those are perfect invitations to go with the theme! I love the attention to detail! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree Creations today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! My daughter is into theatre and this would be great! You should check out my ticket sign! http://www.etsy.com/shop/MicucciDesigns

    ReplyDelete