Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday I'm In Love - A Guest Post!

Hi Everyone!  I have been a bit under the weather this week with the flu.  It's going around my house, not fun.  The good thing is that this is the perfect time to welcome my first Friday I'm In Love guest blogger, Anna Thompson!  She writes for Arcadian Home and has some wonderful "Favorite Things" to share with you just in time for the holidays!!  There is so much beautiful inspiration here, enjoy!


Hello, all! It's Mari visiting from Arcadian Home blog, a wonderful place to find beautiful home decor inspirations. I'm so happy to be here at Social Salutations. Today, for a guest post in Jennifer's very popular series "Friday I'm in Love", I have chosen two of my loves, Scandinavian style and decorative pillows. I hope you enjoy the rooms I've chosen to share with you as much as I enjoyed pulling them together. They speak volumes about the diversity of this lovely style and how toss pillows have global appeal. Here's wishing you inspiration!

Scandinavian Design

This enchanting living room seen at A Storied Style is filled with the beauty of the enchanting Swedish Gustavian style. The made-over antique settee is topped with a lovely array of pure white pillows.

Scandinavian Design

From aged beauty, we turn to a stylish modern white room with stylish gray, black and white furnishings. I love the menswear feel of the sofa and toss pillows and so does Mr. Bazaar at Bright Bazaar.

Scandinavian Design

From brilliant sapphire to deep dark navy, this gray space is awash in lovely blues. How clever is that unexpected little contrasting bit of green on the low-hanging pendant light? This lovely image comes from Natalya at A Life More Ordinary.

Scandinavian Design

I am totally in love with this vintage room with tall white stove from Vita Ranunkler. The charming collection of pillows is a perfect of rustic grain sack, cozy knits and a single touch of pale velvet.

Scandinavian Design

From the furry rug on the floor to the gorgeous art on the wall, this is such a pretty room from I Don't Know How She Does It. The use of pillows here is spare but perfect.

Scandinavian Design

How many ways can we do decorative pillows in white Scandinavian living rooms? Each pillow collection seems to have its very own unique look. This appealing mix of textiles, whites, darks and patterns is from Nordic Bliss. I love the simplicity of the table decorations so charming.

Scandinavian Design

With an eclectic look so suited to today's living, this chic bedroom showcases the homeowner's personality. I have been smitten by the colorful pair of pillows with whimsical green birds. You can see more images at Canadian House & Home.

Scandinavian Design

Lastly, this beautiful rustic outdoor vignette is from a post on Emmas Design Blog all the way back in 2009. Scandinavian style, toss pillows and a stunning landscape, what a wonderful look. Images 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 What do you think of these spaces? Leave us comments below, and stop by Arcadian Home for more home decor, lighting fixtures, and interior inspiration.

Hope you enjoyed Anna's beautiful inspiration!  Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment