Thursday, January 27, 2011

More Flowers for Day 9!

I hope you all aren't getting sick of me doing flowers - I just love making them!!  I sought out and found a great tutorial on these flowers that I keep seeing (and trying to make), and finally found one at jones design company.  I was missing one critical step, and she pointed me in the right direction - thanks Emily!


Today I used the same technique on two different projects.  First, I needed wanted a pin to wear for my interview today.  I wanted something simple and soft.  This is the final result - I did this one a bit different than the tutorial above, but I like the way it came out.




I felt like I was copping out a little just doing this one project since I just did a pin the other day, and this is the same fabric I used on my necklace.  So - I decided to make Addison a felt flower headband as well.  She wore it to school this morning.  Poor kid was so tired today!  She made the fake funny smile that I told you about.  Boy - when she gets older, she is going to hate me for posting this!



I wrapped the headband in 100% wool yarn - love the texture!


Now to go prepare for my interview - wish me luck!  
Till tomorrow!


Linking up to:


Photobucket

 

1 comment: