Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Week In...A Valentine's Vignette

Hello, hello!  I told you I couldn't stop with the Valentine's projects.  It's become my new obsession! Today I decided to get in the spirit and make a vignette for my foyer.  I didn't want to buy anything new, so I challenged myself to only use what we already had in the house - mission accomplished!  Here's some before pictures of what it looked like when I started:




And ta-da...here's the after!!  I apologize, I got a little camera happy.  :o)






I made this wreath by cutting a small doughnut shape out of cardboard.  Then I just tore and tied strips of fabric around it and cut some of the ends with pinking shears.



I designed this subway art in photoshop and printed it on white cardstock.  Easy peasy!!


This vase is actually an old tequila bottle - LOL - I promise I didn't drink ALL of it myself!  Just filled it with some sweetheart candy and tied a little tag around it with baker's twine.



Ta-da!!  Did I say that already?  Sorry - I guess I'm a little excited.  I was wracking my brain last night tryng to figure out what to make today, because the project I was going to do needs to wait a few more days.  This was fun, and something that my family can enjoy for a few weeks.  Thanks for checking it out!


Till tomorrow!


Linking up to:

Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I think I could do a vignette. I've resisted doing Valentine's decor; but I could do a little tabletop somewhere. Thinking about this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vignette is so fun and festive. I love your framed subway art. I have never used PhotoShop. I'd love to try to design a sign for Valentine's Day. Is it easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!

    To Allison - I taught myself to use Photoshop through trial and error. It's not the most user friendly program to use, but you can figure it out if you just get in there and play around. Good luck, and keep me posted on your progress. I would love to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it looks like you had a lot of fun doing these. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Have a wonderful valentines day ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part is all the tulips! I love em. I have a vase of those too, for V. Day. There's just something about them. I'm voting for you at the Valentines Challenge at Life of Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know my eye are drawn to that staircase! I love the railing!

    ReplyDelete