Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baby Shower Favors and Thank You Cards

Happy Thursday!!  About a year or so ago, I had an order for some baby shower favors and thank you cards.  I was given free reign to design whatever I thought would be cute - I just had to use the nursery theme - pink and leopard print.  The other challenge for me was that these all had to be shipped to Dallas, so I tried to be conscious of shipping charges, and also didn't want to make anything candy or food related for fear that it would melt or get damaged.

So, I came up with the idea to incorporate the "shower" theme by creating these faux cupcakes out of shower puffs!  I tried to find a template for the cupcake wrappers, but in the end, just ended up making my own.  I handmade each of these wrappers - I think there were about 25 total.  It took a long time, but they came out so perfect - AND were a huge hit at the shower!





 For the thank you cards, I used my cricut to cut a die of the mommy to be.  I lined the back with the leopard print paper, and layered it to pop it off the card.  Each card was hand stamped using a stamp from Stampin' Up (I think it may have come from a free hostess set that I got).



I packaged the cupcakes in cello bags, tied with ribbon, and a tag that read, "From Heidi's Shower to Yours".



Cute little set, right?  
 

Till tomorrow - tune in for my Friday I'm In Love favorites!  Also - don't forget about my Saturday Social Linky tomorrow night!  Please - tell your crafty friends about it!


Linking Up To:







Weekend Bloggy Reading



 

15 comments:

  1. Ok...that is seriously adorable Jennifer!! I mean, beyond clever and creative! I have never seen anyone do something like this and I totally love it. This is going on our Facebook wall ASAP! Be sure to come and grab a "Featured At" button if you would like one! :-)
    Thanks for sharing this at Inspiration Friday~
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, cute, cute! So creative and an actual thank you gift that will be used! I am booking marking and sharing this also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a cute idea! Oh my gosh, I have a baby shower soon, totally SAVING this! I found ya from At the Picket Fence, have a GREAT DAY!
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is precious!! I love the card too. Wanted to pop in and thank you for linking up and let you know I Featured this today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am using this favor idea for a "sprinkle" baby shower and I was wondering what poem(s) I could use??? Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you purchase the puffs? I need to do something similar to this for a shower and I don't know where to order from. I need pink and purple.

    ReplyDelete