Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 25 - Paper Flower Pot Valentines and a Bride!

I am so excited about this project - in fact, I am giddy about how stinkin' cute they came out!!  While I was working on assembling these teacher's valentines last night, I gave Addison an extra flower that I had made, and then she dissappeared upstairs.  The next thing I knew, she was behind me saying "Don't I make a beautiful bride?"  I turned around, and she was decked out!  She put on her flower girl dress from my sisters wedding (the dress is 2 years old and thus a wee bit short), white dress up high heels, dress up veil and then found a box in my closet that contained my tiara and garter from my wedding.  She thought the garter was a hair tie, so she put it in her hair.  She looked so cute that I couldn't resist taking some pictures (note - I did not make her pose for these pics - she did that all on her own, little ham):




There's the garter/scrunchie!!


So cute!  Speaking of cute....I made some teacher's gifts last year that I loved.  I took the concept though and applied some new ideas.  I got an order to make some more for this year, and had a total field day!  Here's the final result:






The pots were painted white and then I added red polka dots around the edge.  All of the flowers are made out of cardstock and the petals are sponge inked to give them a little dimension.  I found these lollipops at the Dollar Tree and thought they would be perfect as the flower center!!

I decided to make two extra to give to Addie's teachers - I can't wait to deliver them!

OK - I'm off to get ready for my sewing class.  Till tomorrow!





Linking Up To:

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer!! these are so cute!! and such a sweet little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable teacher gifts! I'm filing this idea away in my "someday" folder - for when I have kids and they are in school! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, she is so cute! LOL at the garter/scrunchie!! The little flower pots are adorable--a great teacher gift. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party! Have fun finding some new reads, and I hope you'll come back and visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute gifts. I used to love to play bride when I was little. Thanks for the memories!

    Megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete