Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fun, New Recipe - Thanks to Six Sisters Stuff and Dashing Dish

Image courtesy of Six Sister's Stuff
 The other night I needed something quick for dinner, and I stumbled on this Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe at Six Sister's Stuff.  The picture looked delicious, and it sounded really good.  I have been trying to watch what I eat lately though (what with it being bathing suit season and all), so I took it as fabulous inspiration - and found a way to lighten it up.

I subbed out the store bought alfredo sauce for a recipe I found on Dashing Dish awhile back.  I have made this sauce once before and it was really good, so i used it again. 

I also replaced the fried chicken for 2 Morning Star Soy Breaded Chicken patties, used about 3 oz of low fat deli ham, and subbed the regular pasta for a high fiber pasta (I used Ronzoni Smart Taste).

When I tell you this recipe was amazing - it tasted sooo good - even hubby loved it!!  The sauce makes 2 servings, so you just need to adjust the recipe accordingly.  The way I made it - each serving was only 612 calories and 12 grams of fat.  Not too bad for a super filling meal.

Thanks to to Katie at Dashing Dish and the Ladies at Six Sister's Stuff for the inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment