Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trip to the Pumpkin Farm

On Sunday, Addison and I took a trip to Burt's Pumpkin Farm.  The weather was perfect for it - cool and crisp!  I had been wanting to take her there since she was a baby, and finally - we found a good weekend to go.  Daddy was hunting, so this was the perfect girls trip!


From the minute we got there - Addie had a field day - somehow, her theme of the day was "Thumbs Up"!  I guess that means I did a good job picking out the activity!


She was running up and down the aisles of these huge pumpkins, trying to pick out the very best one!



Since it was just the two of us, this was my attempt at a a shot of us together - whoa - closeup!


They had a bunch of great photo ops there - here is Addie in the hay barn!  Thumbs Up!



They even had some of mommy's favorite - white pumpkins!  We had to bring home one of these!


All in all, I would say the trip was a success.  She had a blast picking out her favorite tiny pumpkin - this one happened to be an acorn squash - it went everywhere with us - on the hayride and even on the trip home!


All day, she kept looking at me with a huge smile on her face saying "Thank you so much for bringing me here!  You're the greatest mommy in the whole wide world!"  Aww, thanks sweetie - you deserved a fun day - I love you!


I guess this means that we should take a trip to the Christmas tree farm this year.  Much more fun than a fake tree for sure!



1 comment: