Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Save the Date!

I have been hard at work over the last few weeks trying to finish some large stationery orders - and finally, they are done....and I am so proud!  One of my best friends is getting married in May, and she asked me to make all of her wedding stationery, starting with her Save the Date cards.  I was honored, to say the least, that she wanted me to have such a big part of her special day.  

I met with Kerri and her hubby-to-be about a month ago to discuss wedding color selection and invitation styles.  Kerri's favorite color is purple, and both her and hubby-to-be have a minor major love for stars (they even both have a star tattoo), so we knew I had to somehow incorporate those elements.  We decided on a design, and they turned me loose!!  

Starting with the envelopes, they wanted a more casual feel, so we decided to go with a kraft paper and custom label wraps.  




The card itself was designed and printed on white cardstock, backed with a deep eggplant.




The design was very "them" - it fit the description of what they wanted perfectly, and they were so happy with the results!  I can't wait to start on the actual wedding invitations!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment