Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hear the Angels Sing...

I refuse to pay for cards, especially holiday cards.  I am not going to say that I didn't consider it though this year - I think I waited a bit too long to get everything designed and out the door.  I had a lot of gray cardstock on hand, and always have a steady supply of white, so I went to work - using what I had in the essence of time and moolah!

For this year's Christmas Cards I decided to use a picture from Halloween - sound weird?  Well, Addison dressed up as an angel this year, so it only seemed fitting for a Christmas card!  I wanted an antique look, so I added a little grain to the photo and changed it to black and white.  The rest was designed in photoshop and mounted to the white and then gray cardstock.



I love the look of my wrap around labels, and this is what I came up with.  I wanted to match the red font in the card, but wanted to keep it simple.  Here is the return address side:
 

Some of my cards go local - real local, like in my neighborhood.  We all hand deliver our cards to one another, so there wasn't really a need to print their address on this particular label. 


They are finally all done and out the door (except for two more that need to be hand delivered).  Yes, I know - what am I waiting for - Christmas is in 4 days!!

xoxo


Linking Up To:

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

1 comment: