Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Office Wall Art

In addition to my bulletin board (and one other project which I will share tomorrow), I decided that I needed a little artwork over my desk.  I had a few 5 x 7 wooden frames sitting around collecting dust, so I did what any girl would do and spray painted them white.

For inside the frames, I wanted something personal, but fun.  I finally had the idea to do some state art - not just for the state I live in now (GA), but also for the state I grew up in (you can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl)!  Then, just the states (in matching colors to my office of course) weren't enough - I also thought they needed a little pizazz (that's the Jersey Girl in me) - maybe some chevron?

Here's what I ended up with - and I'm kind of lovin' it!!


Please don't mind the lighting again in any pics of my office.  It had been raining a ton, and I have no overhead lighting - only the glow from lamps.  My office doesn't get any direct sunlight as it is, so on a rainy day you can imagine how dark it gets in here!!



What do you think?  It makes me happy every time I look up while I'm working.  What's not to love about chevron???


Hope you enjoyed!!  Stay tuned for my last office project tomorrow - it's my favorite!  And don't forget to enter my giveaway - winner is announced Friday!!

UPDATE:  By request, my state wall art is now available in my Etsy shop and can be personalized to the city and state where you live!

XOXO



Linking Up To:






The 36th Avenue



Photobucket




4 comments:

  1. Oh girl I LUV IT!! I need one of Georgia and Alabama. Do you sell these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...especially the one of GA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I need to do my home state for my out of state home!!!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awhhhhh i am in love with your state art. LOVE. thank you so much for sharing! I might have to drool over your etsy shop too!!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete