Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday I'm In Love - St. Patty's Day Style

I am in full-on nesting mode, getting things ready for this baby boy to arrive (in three short weeks)!  This year, the St. Patty' Day decor has taken the backseat.  BUT - that's doesn't mean that I don't drool over and appreciate all of the fun stuff that everyone else is working on!  I love all of the green I'm seeing out there - reminds me that spring-is-a-coming!

So, let's get started!

I loved this easy DIY hurricane tutorial by Chelsea at Two Twenty One.  Using Dollar Store and Goodwill finds, she created this fun and inexpensive collection!  LOVE that she filled them with dried peas for that pop of green!


Any time I see a wreath made with real greenery I'm in awe.  For some reason, this always seems like such a hard task, and I'm a little apprehensive to try it.  BUT - Jenn over at Blue Sky Confections made it seem so easy in her Four Leaf Clover Door Wreath tutorial.  She made this with her shrubbery clippings!  I have lots of those!!  I may need to attempt a wreath this year.  Yes, I am inspired to push my limits!


My brain always goes to green and clovers for St. Patricks Day, but I LOVE the rainbow that Landee incorporated into her mantle display!  How adorable is this?  And a chevron sign?  Oh yes - super cute!  Check out the full display over at Landee See Landee Do.


 What a great idea to paint the inside of some bottles?!  I love the simplicity of these - yet they look so adorable!  The craft paper hang tags are such a cute addition!  Leanne from Organize & Decorate Everything shares a tutorial on how to make these cuties!


And finally - I couldn't resist these Chocolate Mint Brownies made by Lila at Sweet and Lovely Crafts.  OMG - these look amazing!!!  Chocolate and mint is by far my favorite flavor combo.  Put it this way - we went through a box of thin mint cookies in like a 24 hour period (my daughter shares my love for chocolate mint).  I am so making these (maybe even this weekend)!


I hope you enjoyed my favorites this week!  Feel free to grab a button from my sidebar if you were featured.  Have a great weekend!!

xoxo


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for the feature. I hope you do give the wreath a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the rainbow mantle project. Clever and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you for featuring the painted bottles. "Blessed" would be perfect on them. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! Thank you so much for featuring my thrifty hurricanes!

    ReplyDelete