Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Fun

The other night I took the kids for a walk in our neighborhood.  We have a small lake inside our subdivision, and there is a trail around the perimeter of it.  To our surprise, Addison and I discovered that the entire trail is lined with wild blackberry bushes.  We picked a few, but had nothing to cart them home in so I promised her that we would go back the next night.  All day long she kept asking if it was time - the anticipation was killing her!

So after dinner last night, with her bucket in hand, we set off.




 



Most of the berries aren't ripe yet, so we picked what we could and still ended up with 4 1/2 cups of berries (and Addie probably ate a 1/2 cup before we got home)!  We got stuck by the briars a few times, but Addie kept exclaiming "This is so much fun"!!

When I was a child, we had blueberry bushes in the woods behind our house.  My mom and I used to pick them, and those are some of my favorite memories.  It warms my heart to know that I can share something like that with my daughter.  Something so simple, yet so sweet...

XOXO


1 comment:

  1. Pretty pictures! I love picking berries - how awesome that you found a patch nearby!! :) Enjoy your berries!

    Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

    ReplyDelete