Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome Anne from Wobisobi - My Very First Guest Blogger!!!

Hey Everyone, 
I am Anne from the Blog, Wobisobi. Jenn, here at Social Salutations,~ and the most talented DIY'er,~ has asked me to be a guest on her beautiful blog. I was so excited when she asked me to do this because, coming over to Jenn's place to craft, is a great way to spend the afternoon. My Blog, Wobisobi, is kind of a style, meets craft, meets Re-Style, kind of place and I love to find cool things in fashion and recreate them with a lot less money.  Let's face it~  saving money, when you can, always helps.~ Today,  I am going to show you how I made this, oh so fun, feather purse from a $5.00 feather duster, a purse, and some hot glue.   Sound fun?   Well let's go do it. 


I did a little research first and found that the great, Jenn Radosevich of the I Spy DIY Blog 
did one, also Keira from the awesome blog A Pretty Pennydid this cool feather clutch. 
First, I  purchased my very own feather duster for the grand total of $5.00.  I already had a brown suede purse that I receive from E, my researcher ( Thank you E:), and I pulled out my trusty Hot Glue Gun! (oh how I love that thing.).  This craft was really fun to me and.. super easy,  and all I  needed was some quiet time with my favorite music and a little space to sort though my feathers. 



Well...Lets get started.



Tutorial

Things you Need
1. Feather Duster, Or Feathers
2. Hot Glue Gun
3. Some Velvet Ribbon or Something to go across the top of the purse to cover the quills
4. Old Purse you want to Re-Style
5. Good music to listen to and Patience


I sorted my feathers by size.




I put a line of hot glue and worked in 2 inch sections, so I could take my time.  I also made sure to line up my feathers across the bottom to make them even.



After I place all the feathers down, I trimmed the top quills, and checked to see if any of feathers were loose and needed to be glued down in different spots.


Then I cut a piece of left over leather, and used it to trim the top and cover the quills, you could also use some pretty ribbon.


And Taaa Daaaa!

All done!


So excited to take this little baby out.

Thank you so much Jenn, for letting me visit and share.

I had a blast. I love coming over to your blog to craft with you.

I Hope you all have a Fantastic Day.

--


http://wobisobi.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

  1. I am kicking myself for taking the last load of purses I took to goodwill! Dang it! This has been added to my todo list of things to make!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete