Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mmmm....good food!!

A few months ago I found an amazing food blog, Skinny Taste.  I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member, although I am on and off the wagon depending on the day.  This site is wonderful  - Gina has an amazing collection of weight conscious recipes AND provides all of the ww points for everything (both old pts and pts plus!).  I am always looking for tasty healthier alternatives to make for my family, and Gina never fails to make our bellies happy!  I have probably made about 30 recipes from this site over the past few months, and each and every one has been great - hubby has loved them all!

I love potato pancakes, my mom made them for us as a kid, and I remember sneaking up behind her as she made them, and stealing one when she wasn't looking.  Last night I made a version of these, using cauliflower instead of potatoes.  They were so great!

Cauliflower Fritters - Photo from SkinnyTaste.com
I am always looking for new ways to prepare pork chops as well.  To go along with the fritters, I found this awesome recipe.

Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce  - Photo from SkinnyTaste.com
But, of all of the recipes I have tried, the one I have made the most, and the one most coveted by my family is the Cilantro Lime Shrimp and a version of Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice.

Cilantro Lime Shrimp - Photo from SkinnyTaste.com

Cilantro Lime Rice - Photo from SkinnyTaste.com

I love cooking and love food...like REALLY love to eat!  I promise you will never be disappointed by these recipes.  I also noticed that Gina is nominated for Saveur's 2011 Best Food Blog Awards.  If you make one of these recipes and love it as much as I do, make sure you vote for her!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment