Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eggs, Boats and Flip Flops!

The one great thing about Easter being so late in the year this year is that we had beautiful weather that day!  In fact, this past week has been pretty amazing - lots of sun, mid 80s - summer is a comin'!!  Addison and I spent the afternoon on Saturday dying Easter eggs - she had an absolute blast this year!  I love watching her when she is concentrating and creating - her face gets so serious and intense.  Just like mine when I craft I suppose...


Love this pic - I think this needs to go in a frame!
Easter Sunday was a whirlwind - church - of which the service was so amazing this year!  Great job Mr. Stanley!  On the way home from church as we were passing the lake, we decided to stop and take some pictures.  Hubby and I were green with envy at the boaters on the lake.  LOL.  Even with the beautiful weather we have had, we have yet to take our boat out this year.  I think it may be time to start saying no to commitments so we can spend some family time together!


Another pic for a frame?
We ended our day spending an amazing afternoon and evening with family.  It was a great Easter Sunday for sure!  

And what would one of my posts be without a project to share?  I made these flip flops for Addie's Easter basket.  They really came out cute, but when she tried to wear them to school yesterday, one of the flowers popped right off.  Hmm - guess I need to either sew them on, or use super glue instead of hot glue.  I need to perfect this - I think I may be making many more as gifts (and some for me too).



Hope everyone is having a great week!  I have my second interview today for that job I told you about.  Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment