Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sweets for the Birthday Boy!

Birthday party decor and favors don't have to be over the top.  Sometimes a simple idea goes a long way.  A few weeks ago a friend of mine asked me to design some bag toppers and labels for her son Elijah's birthday party.  He LOVES candy (what kid doesn't, right?), so she went with a sweets/cupcake theme.  She ordered a bunch of candy and some cupcake wrappers from Oriental Trading, and asked if I could coordinate the design with the wrappers.

I started with the cello bag toppers, which she wanted to be filled with Hershey's Kisses.  Because she was using paper bags, I decided to use kraft paper for the bag toppers.



These will then go inside of a paper sandwich bag filled with a ton of other candy and sealed with a label.



Don't they all look so cute in the box??  


I am off to deliver them now - then I need to rush to get ready, cause we have a birthday party to attend!!

Have a fabulous weekend!!

Linking Up to:


Weekend Bloggy Reading

Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. oh so cute! I love the stickers on the bags and how personalized it is. really awesome

    I'm a follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Good job! Thanks for sharing. You newest follower.

    ReplyDelete