Monday, July 18, 2011

Hooked on Design Star

For those of you who missed my post last week, I declared that my favorite to win Design Star was Blanche.  GUESS WHO got booted!?!?  Blanche.  Jeez, I sure can pick em, can't I??  

I think these "poorly executed" wall panels were the reason for her too early departure!

I looked at her portfolio before the show started, and it was really great!!  I think poor Blanche just had a bad day.  I still love her!! 

My husband, on the other hand, picked the designer that was on the winning team last week!!  Go figure, right??   His favorite, Kellie, grew up in Edmond, OK - the same town as hubby.  She's pretty amazing, so I think I may be joining forces with him!!

This was a nook in the room Kellie designed - and one of the reasons her team won!

Now...listen closely!!!  If there is any episode to watch - it's this week!!  It's the WHITE BOX CHALLENGE!!  For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, one episode each season, the designers are given a white room (literally a white box) to decorate.  This is when the gloves come out, and the designs are amazing (or...not so amazing)!!  Want a sneak peak??  Check it out!!!

If you missed last week, you can watch the full episode on hgtv.com.  Make sure you don't miss episode 2 tonight at 9pm/8c on HGTV - trust me - it's gonna be a good one!!


This post is part of a sponsored campaign by Crafterminds and HGTV Design Star. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment