Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Coveted Yarn Wreath

I have been busy like a little Christmas Elf getting my craft on and making lots of projects for Christmas!  Are you ready?  This wreath kicks off the Christmas Craft Frenzy!!

I found a wreath from Two Junk Chix on Pinterest months ago, and knew that it was it was the perfect replacement to the one that I have had on my front door for about 8 Christmas seasons.   Isn't she pretty??

I loved the idea, but wanted to mix it up to make it my own, so I changed up the color scheme a bit and added some pine cones. Hubby actually told me it was beautiful!  I must have done a good job, LOL!

Here's a closeup - I love the way the colors compliment my front door color!

Two Junk Chix provided a full tutorial on how they made the original - so hop on over there if you want to make one of your very own!  

Happy Christmas Crafting, you little elves you!!

Linking Up To:

The 36th Avenue

Junkie handmade projects

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

five days five ways christmas linky party | because every day is different

Positively Splendid

Link Party


  1. Jen this is sooo pretty,I love how you incorporated the pinecones....xoxo

  2. SO beautiful. I love the colors and mixing it with pinecones. If the wind would stop ripping wreaths of my door I would be tempted to make one. Great job!

    Just Another Day in Paradise

  3. THis turned out so cute. I love the pinecones in there. THanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

  4. It's fabulous and the colors look wonderful against your door color (what color is that, btw? I want it!)
    I so want to make one of these wreaths, but I'm hopeless at knitting and I don't want to be a "poser" as they say!

  5. I love this! I have been wanting to make one of these. Thanks for a cute idea. I have a weekly linky going on & would love to have you join in.

  6. Oh, I love it! Now I need to make one of these too! How adorable!