Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Been "One of Those Days" - Day 3



I need to warn you that I am about to get really honest here.  Most of you may feel that it's TMI - but everyone who knows me, knows that I am not one to hold back, like, at all.  What's mine is yours, including the dirty details of my life.

Today has been one of those crazy days, literally starting from the minute I woke up this morning and realized that I overslept by 30 minutes.  I had a big quarterly meeting today for work, and had to travel 45 minutes to an hour to get there.

The meeting started at 8:45am, and I had planned to actually wash my hair this morning.  I won't even tell you how long it's been since I washed my hair - just know that it's so dirty I fear it may literally walk off my head.  Every day I wake Addie up at 6:30am for school, so when I woke up at 6:15 and realized that I had no time for a hair washing, I was not-a-happy.  I thought, well just maybe I can squeeze it in, and then Morgan woke up screaming to eat.  So goes that fleeting thought.  I managed to shower in that 15 minutes, so at least I didn't stink like sour milk, but the hair, not so much.

I woke up hubby, who fed the baby as I got Addison ready.  There I am, standing in the kitchen, fresh out of the shower giving Addison breakfast and making up her snack for the day.  I managed to get rid of the towel, but I was standing there in those articles of clothing that only get washed on the delicate cycle (not a pretty sight).  I was sobbing.  "Why is it that I do EVERYTHING for everyone else, and I don't even get to wash my hair?"  I had not had my coffee yet.  Looking back now, this was the funniest part of my day - woe is me...comical.

I kissed Addie good bye and did a "Tag, You're It" with hubby and left him to his own devices to get her on the bus.  I managed to slap on my makeup, throw the hair in a dirty bun on top of my head, and rummage through my closet to try on clothes that still don't fit.  Depressing.  I had planned to wear a shift dress that I love, thinking that maybe God decided to remove 10 lbs from my rear overnight.  Fat chance.  That zipper didn't come anywhere close to zipping.  I ended up in early maternity pants (the ones that button in front and have elastic in the back), a ruffled shirt and a cardigan and decided that I looked "good enough".  I did have on some cute peep toes (but please do not look at my toenails, they are horrid).

I had 20 minutes left to pump (sorry for the details), give hubby instructions on what to put in the diaper bag, grab a Nutra Grain bar, kiss the baby, suck down the rest of my coffee and bolt out the door.  I actually left on time.

That was how my day started...I made it to the meeting with no time to spare...but my hair is still filthy.

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment