A few weeks ago I told you that I was working on a huge order for Coke. They had a Coke Women's Conference in Dallas, and the first night of the conference was a meet and greet event. I was asked to make 100 books that would be at each place setting. The women would fill out the questions in the book, and then share it with the rest of the people at their table. I was so excited to get this order - what a HUGE opportunity! I knew it would be a big undertaking, but I was ready for the challenge.
I did most of the printing and assembly work during my last weekend of maternity leave and the entire first week back at my regular job. They all needed to be hand cut, scored, assembled and stitched. My original plan was to run them through the sewing machine to have a nice red seam down the side. After 5 hours of jacking around with my sewing machine - I gave up. I tried loosing the tension, tightening the tension, every combination I could think of. Not happening. I did test run after test run, and wasted probably 80 yards of thread before I determined that the cardstock was just too thick. This isn't even half of the mess - I threw most of it away. Time for plan B.
I was up until almost 2am every night, in addition to Morgan's feeding schedule, and up at 6am every morning. I was exhausted, but it was worth it. After 28 hours of work, and believe it or not, injuries (from my Crop-o-dile), this is how they turned out!
They were a big hit at the conference. Thank goodness!!