Saturday, August 11, 2012

Where I've Been - Part I

As you may have noticed, I have been a wee bit absent lately.  I have spent the last month traveling and spending some quality time with the family.  We took a few quick, but much needed vacations.  I finally got my beach time in for the summer - yay!  Addison started school yesterday, so I am hoping (fingers crossed) that things will return to somewhat normal around here.  Aren't schedules wonderful things?

First, we took a weekend trip to Hilton Head, SC for a weekend. Addison decided this year that in lieu of a birthday party, she wanted to go to the beach for the weekend instead - music to my ears!  So, the four of us and my sis-in-law and her three kiddos drove to Hilton Head a few weekends ago for one fast and furious vacation.  We had a great time though.  I had never been there before - boy is it beautiful!  I think I may have found my retirement destination.  The kids had a blast!

Get ready to be bombarded with photos - I had some fun with the camera! 

The Birthday Girl in her Glory on the Beach
 


Addie and her Sister Cousin Rowan
Addie and her cousin Rowan like to tell everyone they are sisters.  Don't tell them otherwise or you may have a huge debate on your hands!  :)


Addison had a field day playing in the sand.  Since she was a baby (when she actually ate fistfuls of it), she just seems so at peace and happy when we're at the beach.  Like mother like daughter I guess!



Little Morgan wasn't as happy as his sister that day.  I think all of the traveling wore him out.




 



On our last day we took a ride on a dolphin cruise.  We say some dolphins AND Addie got to take a turn as Captain!




All in all, it was a fabulous trip.  Next time we stay for a week.

In other news, I entered my Paint Chip Pumpkin Garland into a Talent Scouting party over at WhisperWood Cottage.  The winner gets a feature in Cottages & Bungalows Magazine, and guess what?!?!  I am a finalist!!  The winner is announced on Monday - wish me luck!


XOXO







1 comment:

  1. I love Hilton Head.. And little Morgan is getting so big..And wow such a handsome baby. Looks like you all had a so much fun. Big Hug Hope you are well.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete