Monday, January 16, 2012

Nursery Inspiration - It's Crunch Time!!

I spent all day on Saturday getting the remaining "junk" out of the former craft room.  We are FINALLY ready to paint (you know where I will be this weekend)!  There's only 9 1/2 weeks to go - it's kind of unbelievable how fast this pregnancy is going compared to my first.  I guess that's what happens when you have a 5 year old that keeps you super busy! 

We finally registered last week, AND have decided on a name!  Because it took us so long to decide though, Hubby and I agreed not to tell anyone until Baby H. is born - we just can't risk someone putting a bad vision in our heads.  You know the kind:  "Oh - I knew a ____ in elementary school, he picked his nose all the time and never bathed".  Yup - not the vision I want of my son to be.  So, a secret it is!

Now, we just have to get the nursery started...and finished.  As I was cleaning out the room this weekend, I was trying to get a final mental picture of what I wanted to do in there.  I have had a general idea for quite sometime - it's still the same as what I shared a few months back.  Kind of a modern vintage, colorful look.  But until I got it down on paper, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, and just couldn't picture it. 

So, yesterday I did just that.  I made an inspiration board.  Some of the pictures (like the crib and curtain fabric) are what will actually be used in the room.  Other items, like the dresser, are placeholders.  We actually bought a dresser from Craigslist for $75, and I plan to paint it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen.  But since I didn't have a pic of the actual dresser, I found one that was a similar color to get the effect.



I'm going back and forth between painting the walls white and painting them a very very pale (almost white) blue.  As of now, I'm leaning towards the blue.    The chevron fabric swatch is what the curtains will be made of - LOVE this fabric!  The chair is a placeholder but looks almost identical to the glider we bought for Addie's room - and will be reusing.  The little bookcase?  I have a wooden electrical spool sitting in my garage right now, which I plan to use for that project. 

My vision is finally complete!  Now, we just need to get started. 

Have a great Monday!!!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment